Empowering Entrepreneurs and Grassroots Capacity Building for Native Entrepreneur Program Development
*Funded by ANA SEEDs & USDA RBDG
Through our Empowering Entrepreneurs & Grassroots Capacity Building for Native Entrepreneur Program Development project, ONABEN is working with various Native communities throughout the country to implement sustainable economic development strategies. By working with targeted community partners we are increasing access to small business development training, customized assistance, and capital for Native entrepreneurs while building and strengthening the local private sector economy. Our tailored entrepreneurial training plan delivered as part of this project will ultimately create and expand a total of 45 Native businesses and create 84 new jobs in communities that need them.
Specifically, the Empowering Entrepreneurs & Grassroots Capacity Building for Native Entrepreneur Program Development project will enable us to:
- Provide three regional Indianpreneurship® trainer certification classes
- Deliver individualized business development training and assistance to entrepreneurs within local partner communities
- Deliver customized organizational development and capacity building services to targeted community partners
LOCAL COMMUNITY PARTNERS
ONABEN is targeting our activities in specific Native communities to maximize our community impact. We are dedicating resources to help build community organizations that support and promote local economic development.
Visit these links to learn more about our partners:
- Kuha’o Business Center - Moloka’i, Hawaii
- Mvskoke Loan Fund - Okmulgee, Oklahoma
- Sequoyah Fund - Cherokee, North Carolina
- Turtle Mountain CDFI - Belcourt, North Dakota